Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday Afternoon Entertainment....

  Ok, so the Patriarch is gone; the mice will play while the cat is away right?? Does it count that we are going to listen to Voddie Bauchum later?
  Being a lazy Sunday afternoon, since our garden work is done for the morning we are perusing Pinterest and making egg rolls. (disclaimer: I do not recommend children perusing Pinterest ...there are usually at least one or two inappropriate pictures and many inappropriate comments)We ran across some really funny quotes in reference to cell phones and texting that my daughters say 'characterize mom'. So we will add in a few of our own humor stories and see if you can glean a laugh from it...Happy Lord's Day!
 
When I noticed that my teen was texting in the middle of the day, I was immediately concerned and rebuked her saying "We do not randomly text throughout the day, there are far more profitable things we should be doing during the day". My daughter looked back very seriously and said "Yes mom....Ill tell grandma that I cant talk to her right now"....
 
You know there is a problem when the kids text 'grandma' and she responds back with "Wassup?"

Son-"Mom, where are you?"

Mom-"I Just left Walmart honey. What do you need?"

Son-"I went to Walmart with you."

Mom- "What does IDK, ILY, and TTYL mean?"

Son- "I dont know, I love you, talk to you later."

Mom- "ok, I'll ask your sister."

6 comments:

Discipling Mom said...

Hee Hee. It's like an alien planet this texting thing. My mom had texting before I did. Now she won't take my calls but she will answer a text :-)

The Adams Family said...

Alien to me as well! I dont even carry a phone as I cant keep track of it! I do have to clarify about mother....she isnt trying to be cool...she uses the least amount of characters to send messages. Her texts (the girls tell me) acutally say..."wusup?" and she uses 2 for to, etc! They love texting grandma! LOL!

Discipling Mom said...

With iTap I often send messages with words that don't make sense. It's always funny to see a message that says me when you meant to say of.

The Adams Family said...

Well you have one on me then! I dont even know what iTap is! LOL! It must be the thing that writes out the word that it thinks you mean?? LOL!

AnthonyA said...

hahahahaha mom you are hilarious! I will say instead of telling her not to text, encourage her to text people that will be able to benefit her growth. They need to be able to talk to people or they willlllll goooooo innnnnsannneeeee! lol

The Adams Family said...

Which one sounds the most like me son? The walmart one or the last one? LOL Both I guess:)