Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Monday, April 30, 2012

A Prayer for Guidance

Psalm 5:1-3 says;
 Give ear to my words, O Lord,
Consider my meditation.
Give heed to the voice of my cry,
My King and my God,
For to You I will pray.
 My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord;
In the morning I will direct it to You,
And I will look up.
There is such simple and beautiful instruction written here for us to follow if we will be wise;
First of all isnt it a comfort to know that the Lord does give ear to our feeble and often too shallow words? We are normally so full of ourselves but the Lord knows our true frame:)
  If we would desire the Lord to consider our meditation and the voice of our cry then we must be spending time with him and putting 'voice' to our petitions unto Him.
  And is it to our great King and God that we pray? It is so profitable to bring our burdens to Him. We often go to our neighbor or friend first and forget to bring ourselves before the Lord! This verse reminds us that unto Him will we go:)
  Upon rising is such a good time to pray. It sets our minds strait before we get up and into the hallway... and into the many frays of the day! So let these verses remind us to focus on Him first thing and see if that doesnt help us to be focused on pleasing Him and having our hearts set on eternity.
  May we remember to 'look up' throughout the day! With our hearts and minds on eternity and His eternal purposes for our lives. It is so easy to forget what those are in the midst of families, frays and frustrations. But He is our hope and ever present help in time of need~
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
My help cometh from the

2 comments:

Homestead Living said...

Amen. And thank you for your prayers last week. It meant a lot knowing that I was being covered in prayer! The talk went really well. The Lord is good!
Blessings,
~Jennie

The Adams Family said...

Jennie Im so glad it went well! I was thinking about you and praying for you!
Blessings, Dana