Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Monday, April 2, 2012

Adrenal Recover Journey

  I purpose to share my journey of 'recovery', and share what I am learning with others. I have been so blessed by my dear friends sharing what they have learned with me, about adrenal dysfunction, that I can do no less than share as well.
  First of all, if you are like me, repetition is a good thing:) A bit of a definition; Adrenal fatigue is a pre runner to Adrenal exhaustion. It is a result of the adrenals being over taxed~by injury , distress, chronic infection etc..Adrenals being over taxed simply means that they have put out an over abundance of 'cortisol' for an extended amount of time and they are tired now. Cortisol is very important in that it dictates to your ovaries (for one) how much progesterone to produce. When the adrenals are not functioning at full capacity as they should, they fail to tell the ovaries to produce progesterone, thus estrogen is the dominant hormone running through your body. This is called the condition of 'Estrogen Dominance'. Estrogen dominance is the cause of cysts, endometriosis, ovarian cancers etc....
  I believe the Lord has created our bodies to be extremely resilient. So why is 'Estrogen Dominance' so prevalent? Here is a brief explanation;
  Many of the chemicals and pesticides in our environment , mimic the hormone Estrogen in our bodies. We are completely surrounded by all of these invaders. So though our bodies were created to withstand a normal amount of 'stress', 'trauma' etc...it was not designed to be constantly bombarded in every direction by circumstances which create this imbalance in our bodies.
  Dr. Mercola put out an interesting and very informative newsletter yesterday that names some of the additives we use in everyday items that mimic Estrogen in our bodies. Here is the article
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/04/02/toxic-parabens-on-breast-cancer-patients.aspx?e_cid=20120402_DNL_art_1.
  Another interesting fact that I would share with you...in hopes that you can help yourself to lower your Estrogen levels is this; Women who intake 500m of coffee daily have a 70% increased level of Estrogen than women who intake 150m! Wow. Thus falls one of my morning joys!
  It seems that this entire recovery program is all about...doing what I don't want and not doing what I do want. For example, I want several cups of coffee in the morning..nope! I don't care to eat breakfast...I am eating it anyways! I take multiple supplements and vitamins throughout the day...for the first time in my life!...I eat 2 bowl of fresh vegetables and at least a cup of nuts daily in addition to my regular meals! Ive never eaten so much in my life! As well, though my figure is becoming a bit 'filled out'...I can in no way limit what I am doing...everything I do and don't intake right now is deliberate and has a purpose!
So, even in our trials we see that the Lord is able to work according to His good pleasure in our lives. It is always a blessed discipline to deny the flesh and grow in maturity so that we can do unpleasant things because it is right....So through all of this; Blessed be the Name of the Lord for loving me enough to train me up! Never too old to learn right?
 

No comments: