Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cheater snacks...


  It has not been too hard of a task to change our diet. It started with me and now we find out that daddy needs to follow it as well. Because of his limited physical abilities due to his injury, he cannot exercise...takes bad for you pain meds and has gained weight....
  So we all are on the path of better eating. We have been blessed to find a great source of dairy, organic veggies,...next; organic grass fed meat that doesn't cost an arm and a leg...only for the cow not for us anyways:)
  Here are a couple of  snack ideas I developed for the littles but have incorporated for all of us when the 'need' arises.
  First of all 'cinnamon toast'. Totally unhealthy right? Unless you eat it on whole wheat bread with xylitol and cinnamon. Then  you have crossed over into a healthy snack! By the way there is a link on my 'moms' page where my friend does an excellent job of explaining why white flour is so bad for you...yes I love it too....but alas it is on its way out the door!
  Ive been experimenting with a good whole wheat recipe and I think we have it down...still looking for others to share their 100% whole wheat recipe with me though!
  Snack number 2 ,that can also be used as a quick and easy lunch recipe...Top Ramen. Ok we buy the generic; but it is the same idea. Now I cannot vouch for the nutritional value of the noodles...we are doing the best we can by degrees right???......so when I make this, I first boil a grass fed beef bone in the water. For flavoring I add a bit of garlic salt but mainly Himalayan salt. Also, in place of the flavor packet, I add dried kale or spinach.
  I was doing really well passing this off to the littles until I got over confident one day and put in quite a bit of the dried (organic) spinach. The 5 year old looked at it and said..."Oh, sigh, I KNOW this is spinach!" LOL. He ate it fine but I did feel a bit 'accused'. It is nice to be accused of doing good things for my babies:)

No comments: