Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Friday, April 20, 2012

Create in me a clean heart O God....



We just love the praise song; "Create in me a clean heart Oh God".
Perhaps you know it?
"Create in me a clean heart Oh God, and renew a right spirit within me...
Restore unto me the joy of my salvation and renew and right spirit within
me...."
Well, while at the doctors office today there was a young family with two little ones. One a baby and one a toddler. I couldn't help but grin and smile and be grateful that those young parents had these two little ones and that they were walking around and happy and ....alive.
I have to confess that even when the toddler was being 'naughty', I smiled just the same. Completely content that they were there. What I wouldn't give for some of our lost babies to be pitching a fit on the floor right now.
That reminded me of this verse. Create in me a clean heart oh God and renew a right spirit within me. Though it is wonderful those babies were there, it didn't have to be at the expense of them being trained I guess.
I was still thrilled they were there and I thoroughly enjoyed watching them.. I would still take any and all babies even if they were pitching a fit..but it got me to thinking about how we need to 'Think Rightly' as people. I don't need to think it is okay for toddlers to be naughty. I need to think rightly that children need to be brought up in the fear and admonition of the Lord. It isn't about our enjoyment..it is about the Lord fulfilling His eternal purposes in and through us and upon the earth. What does He want for our lives and for the lives of our children? Obedience, Faith, godliness. So, although in the desperation of our loss and flesh we would 'take what we could get', may we ultimately choose to accept what He gives. The Lord does all things well. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

2 comments:

Name on His Hand said...

Here here! My daughter 19 is a nanny for a working mother (who works part time) and she watches their darling 3 and 5 year olds. But...she told me today when she got home that this wonderful mother and father allow this darling beautiful 3 year old blonde haired blue eyed child to SCREAM when she doesn't get her way. So sad. I had no idea. She has been watching these kids about a year and I hear never heart this part. My daughter has to take them outside when the Dad is home sleeping (He works nights) b/c her screaming wakes him up! I was appalled. My daughter agreed that this little one has only gotten worse and worse this year instead of better and better. I could tell she was grieved. She is thinking of quitting the job b/c of the way this little girl acts. Just so sad. And her Mom is a godly dear. Just so sad. Anyway....it was good for my daughter to note this and she says she will discipline her kids better. They do 'time out' and she noted when the child was only 1 or 2 that the Mom would put her in 'time out' and let her scream. The Mom acted unconcerned and went about her business when the child stood in the corner screaming. She would 'scream herself out' and then all would be well. My daughter believes that this trained the child to just scream when frustrated. Can you say future road rager? Anyway.......your post really hit home.
Blessings!
Julie

The Adams Family said...

Thanks for sharing that Julie. So often, parents harbor 'guilt'. Guilt because they work, or because the child is sickly...many reasons. Im so glad your daughter considers her behaviour wrong instead of just feeling bad for her, and thinking it is ok to behave that way!
Every blessing, Dana