Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

NEVER TOO OLD TO LEARN.....


 I certainly am not the type of person that thinks "I know it all". Actually, the older I get, the less I think I know! However, at the same time, when I 'learn' something I still stand amazed!
  The other day I was not feeling well and therefore was 'grouchy'. You know, one of those times when you feel impatient and don't smile and give quick ungracious answers to those around you? You know, the ones who don't deserve it?
  Well when I was acting this way, my dear husband looked at me and raised an 'eyebrow'. I said 'why did you do that?" He said 'What?". "Raise your eyebrow'. "What is wrong with that? Brett asked. I told him 'It made me feel self conscience'. Then he said it..... "What I did made you conscience of SELF?".....WOW! Yes as a matter of fact it did and that made me very UNCOMFORTABLE. We talked about that a minute and decided that it isn't ALL bad to be made conscience of SELF. Actually, SELF needs to be exposed, confronted and conformed into the image of Christ.
  Then he related that to child training. Isn't that what we are doing? Exposing the deeds of darkness in our children's lives and bringing it to the light of Christs perfect life? So, the next time you feel self conscience, consider that perhaps that is an area where you need to die to SELF (the old man) and be made new. Old things are supposed to pass away....and theologically speaking old things HAVE passed away when you become a redeemed child of God...all things have become NEW. 
  That is our standing in the heavenly places. Practically speaking though, we work out our (secure) salvation down here with fear and trembling and daily die to self, and continually be cleansed and conformed in our thinking through the washing of Gods Word.
  May the Lord give us wisdom, and motivation, to put off the old man~ and wash ourselves and our children in His Word DAILY!
Blessings in your mission today!

2 comments:

Rae said...

Excellent reminder. Thank You.

The Adams Family said...

Thanks for visiting Rebel! Blessings, Dana