Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Thursday, June 28, 2012

How having a cow changed my life....

Rosie

Having a cow has CHANGED my life! Only for the better though! Aside from the fact that there is
no more sleeping in, we leave friends houses at a decent hour in order to be home to milk~ there are some other strange things that we have been known to do now;
1. Chase down trucks that are hauling great looking hay to see where we can get some!
2. Pray for rain and study fields to see if farmers are going to get a second cutting~
3. Constantly check 'feed' prices, dairy grain prices, and instead of looking for clothing sales,
we look for sales on fodder:)
4. Make absolutely sure that there is ice in the house even if there isnt an over abundance of food
(as ice is necessary for immediate cooling of the milk)
and last but not least
5. Scan the fences of the neighbor with cows to be sure they are in good condition so we dont
end up with a crazy bull in our yard while the littles are running around..
So I guess if we had odd interests before , we are OVER THE TOP now!
It is an interesting subculture to be a cow owner.
I guess I should add;
6. I now have someone else to talk to that talks, or rather moos, back to me:)

2 comments:

Discipling Mom said...

I got a good chuckle imagining you running down a hay truck and asking "Hey, where'd that hay come from?" :-)

The Adams Family said...

Yes especially since that isnt exactly my personality! LOL! We chased a guy all of the way down a road and by the time we got to the end of it he was gone! LOL! He went into his 'million acre field'!
You all got any hay up there? hehehe