Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

All Natural Fly&Tick Repellent

Well I could have called it 'organic' but...the essential oils (EO)I use for this are not! I save the good stuff for the family when they need to use them. I buy 'good' quality oils for my repellent but not the 100% Pure organic stuff!
So here is my long awaited repellent recipe, let me know if you try it!

I first get a 'sprayer', recycled that had something else in it or a new one from the almighty dollar store:)
I add 1 1/2 c. vinegar (not a.c vinegar either, I save that for the cow:)
1 cup of oil (usually vegetable)
And a cap full of these EO...which works out to about 2 dropper fulls...
Lavender
Eucalyptus
Peppermint
Citronella
After adding the oils, you fill the rest of the bottle up with tap water. Wella!

For the oils I use to make this, I buy from The SanFranciscoSpiceandHerbCo their bulk oils are not what you would use for medicinal or internal purposes as they are not organic, nor do they even claim to be pure. They are really good for cleaning and fly spray though.

3 comments:

Discipling Mom said...

SO do you just spray yourself before going out? How long does an application last?

The Adams Family said...

we shake it, spray ourselves, then spray the cow and the area we will be milking in. It iasts while we are milking! The oil makes the 'smell' stick to it. It is a repellant, not a chemical that kills:)

Covnitkepr1 said...

The cows just have to love you for a little relief you give them.

I’ve been a follower on your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation