Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Adrenal Recovery Update...


  I realized I hadn't posted recently on how my journey to recovery is going. Thanks to all of you who have prayed for me, counseled me and encouraged me on my way.
  It was about last Oct when I 'crashed', and my health turned around for the better on May6th! Praise the Lord with me!
  Many have asked, "What did  you do?" "Do you think (fill in the blank) did it?" "What one thing do you think I should take?"
  Well unfortunately there is no silver bullet. For example in my case; it took 42 years to get that way, one has to expect it to take time to 'come out of it'. In this case meaning, give your body time to recover, restore and start functioning properly, the way God designed it to do; on its own.
  It wasn't really a difficult decision for us to choose the natural path to recovery. Though, when some days were tough, and I was riddled with pain and fatigue, someone would say "Meds will make you feel better NOW!" Sigh, that was tough! I soo longed to feel better, but not at the expense of future wellness and true healing.
  So here is the long and short of what I did, what we did as a family and what we continue to do to this day.
  First let me recommend HIGHLY, Dr. Lam. He can be found online. He is a wealth of information, highly learned in the area of adrenal issues. He is QUITE expensive if you 'hire' him...so make good use of all of his free materials online to get headed in the right direction.
  SUPPLEMENTS; One of the biggest necessities in restoring your exhausted body is quality supplements. I take 'Special 2' by NOW, but I buy them at LuckyVitamin.com. Next in abc order here are the other 'vitamins' I take;
Bcomplex-sub lingual
Cal/mag-liquid
C-1500 mg daily
D-5000 iu daily
FlaxSeed oil-1
Iodine/Chlorophyll-interchangeably. Ill not say which type I use...research what is best for  you
Lutein-daily recommended dose on packaging
Selenium -1
Probiotic
That is it for the most part on the vitamins. Now that I'm feeling better, I don't take everything every day. I do faithfully take my awesome multi vitamin though!
  Another very important factor in helping our ovaries/adrenals/thyroid recover is the use of essential oils. I am a firm believer in essential oils, they really work.
  Linda at heritageessentialoils.com sells a product named 'Vitality', 'Master', and the oil 'Nutmeg'. You can read on the website how to use these and see testimonies from users and how they were helped by them. I am certain that Young Living has some blends that do the same thing. I am not sure what they would be called. If you prefer to use Young Living oils (which are also excellent!) you can contact Stacy McDonald through her Y.L website "The Common Scents Mom". She sells them and has some good offers available.
  Last but not least...part of the problem with women my age, and adrenal issues, is the fact that we have, by this age, been exposed to years of toxins, pesticides and insecticides. These have an effect on our body in a way that they 'mimic' estrogen. Adrenal issues are hand in hand with low progesterone, and with estrogen dominance.
  So how do you avoid those environmental chemicals....make your own things!
  We have never been big on using any type of poison. So some things are easier for us in that way. Weve never used oven cleaner, or toxic fly spray, only last year did we finally use 7 dust in our garden...MY BAD!!! And last summer was the first time in years we had used mosquito spray!
  But those are only the obvious places that we see chemicals which damage our body. What about your toothpaste? Shampoo? City water? Deodorant? Hair Dye? Dish soap? All of these things contain chemicals that mimic estrogen in our body. So...out they go! We make toothpaste, powder, shampoo, hand soap, have a well for water (if you dont I would highly recommend a filter for your shower head) So far I buy deodorant only because Ive been busy making fly spray and udder balm!..I bought Henna hairdye and I bought chemical free dish soap! That can be easily made too Im sure:) OH! I am in the process of ordering and trying out soap nuts for my front loader...I hope I like them!
  LAST BUT NOT LEAST....food. Sugar, white flour, pastries and soda pop....oh my those are soo bad for us! There are such wonderful replacements available too! Xylitol and stevia are wonderful natural sweeteners, spelt flour tastes amazing and if you just like the burn of soda there is Perrier water!
  Another huge factor in the chemicals our bodies are bombarded with come from our meat, dairy and vegetables. Commercial beef/chicken/pork/ is fed grain, lousy hay, antibiotics and growth hormones..then we eat it!
  Dairy cows are fed huge amounts of grain, lousy hay, growth hormones, bht and antibiotics. And have you seen a yard where dairy cattle are kept??? How about a commercial 'chicken pen'....Did you know that 70-90% if chicken meat is saturated with chicken feces? Ugg..
  Vegetables/Fruit are another problem. They are LADEN with pesticides and insecticides. It is so important to wash your fruit/veggies properly and thoroughly before handing them to our precious children to eat! Soak them in vinegar or scrub them down in the least. Peels of veggies are so good for us but not unless the are organic or naturally grown.
likeminded in these endeavors, and things have just become available that we didn't notice before.
  And as usual, as I always say, we do the best we can and don't worry about the rest. At first our goal was to eat one organic meal a day. Sometimes we don't eat one, other times we eat organic all day for several days in a row.
  One huge encouragement is from Dr. Weston Price in the 30s-By the way dont forget your Butter oil/Cod liver oil...3 T daily, very important!...he had a group of children for only one meal a day. That one meal a day, plus the butter/cod oil, was enough to drastically change the childrens teeth and health for the better! Also, as we are subjected to soo many dangers in the environment, any changes we make at all will be noticed and appreciated by our fearfully and wonderfully made bodies!
  So here is to your good health, and your attempt at organic! ~OG

4 comments:

Discipling Mom said...

You go girl! Whatever you're doing is working. As for deodorant just buy yourself a himalayan rock salt bar. Mine cost me $6.50 and is supposed to last for 2 years. Of course since I only use it on Sundays (and I'm sure my fellow worshippers appreciate it) it should last me all the rest of my days :-) I tried using Garnier Fructis for shampoo and more of my hair is falling out than before; so, I think I'm going to straight baking soda washes and vinegar rinses. Found a toothpaste recipe that works for all of us using stevia. Moving on to laundry soap next. I was tempted to buy soap nuts but when I went back they were all sold out. Let me know how they work. And then lip balm and lotion. Food is the last stronghold.

The Adams Family said...

Himalayan salt is awesome! That is all we use. In a pinch we ran out and had to use sea salt but that is ok too. My last stronghold is makeup. I dont wear much, mainly foundation and a bit o color...but it is so expensive. I only wear it on Sunday too:)Share your stevia toothpaste recipe! I will let you know hw the soap nuts work!1

Discipling Mom said...

1 tsp. of baking soda
1 Tbsp. of stevia
pinch of cinnamon
enough water to make a paste

I may need to look at adding calcium powder too (does it have a flavor?)

The Adams Family said...

Awesome thanks! Nope no flavor. Also, depending on how long your toothpaste lasts, use distilled water and or add vitamin E caps to your paste to act as a preservative:)