Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Monday, May 21, 2012

Summertime in Missouri....

Well we have made it through another year of homeschooling! This makes 20 years of it for us if you are talking about the school book aspect of it. Of course, we believe that Home-discipling begins much earlier:)
I wondered if I was the only one that felt that;....I get more 'teaching' and, 'schooling' done when school is out? What I mean by that is, I dont have the pressure of accomplishing our written goals, or the pressure of making sure we are getting all of our 'work' done on schedule...the distraction of 'well meaning' neighbors thinking the children should be inside doing pages of math instead of a nature study out of doors...so much is lost in the rush and formality of home schooling.
My older kids always tell people 'Mom loves summer so she can teach without being distracted by schooling'.
Yes I have to say that summer is my favorite time of year. More teaching, learning and memories are made for eternity when I am not worried about, teaching them or them learning:)
I hope Im not the only one who feels like this, but actually; its okay if I am too:)
Brett and I hope you all have had an amazing year of home discipling and that you have a wonderful summer with your family! Pressure is off!! You can school in peace for a few months:)