Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Comfort for today...

Misery Forgotten!
James Smith, 1842

"You shall forget your misery!" Job 11:16
Courage, my soul! behold the prize
Your Savior's love provides;
Eternal life beyond the skies,
For all whom here He guides.
The wicked cease from troubling, there,
The weary are at rest;
Sorrow, and sin, and pain, and care,
No more approach the blessed!

A wicked world, and wicked heart,
With Satan now are joined;
Each acts a too successful part
In harassing the mind.

But fighting in my Savior's strength,
Though mighty are my foes,
I shall a conqueror be at length,
O'er all that can oppose.

Then why, my soul, complain or fear;
The crown of glory see!
The more I toil and suffer here,
The sweeter rest will be!

3 comments:

Savories of life said...

left you an award on my blog.

The Adams Family said...

Oh!wow!ill go check it out!thanks!

The Adams Family said...

I actually don't know what that means...I didn't see anything yet wasn't sure what to look for:) Thank you again though dear!Blessings!MrsAdams