Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Is there life 'outside' of Facebook???


  We are one of the very few, odd families in America (the world??) that does not FACEBOOK. I have had a conservative, christian, homeschooling mom ask me; "How do you survive without it?"...Hmm?
  Now let me state that some of my favorite Christian ministries, no, MOST of them, are on FB. Being a presence on FB is not bad. As a matter of fact, if all of the 'good' left FB, then only the 'bad'would remain. If all of the beauty left, only the 'ugly' would remain.
  There are traps in every amoral element. It is how you use it. FB has been grossly misused I will say.
  For example, as a Christian wife I do not spend extended amounts of time talking to other men on a 'friend' level. Why is it ok to do on FB? An old dear friend of mine left her husband for a FB friend. Sad, but it happens. However, how many Christian ladies read romance novels, only to be left feeling discontent and leave their husbands also? That problem cannot be traced back to the paper the book is written on...the issue is the heart.
  I think, as in all things, women should guard their hearts. With what they read, how they spend their time and how they interact on (and off of) FB and in all of their relationships.
  We also need to set aside pride. How many people spend time touting their praises on FB and dont 'let another mouth praise thee'. However, again, you dont need FB to show how prideful you are. You can do that in the privacy of your own home.
  On Pintrest one day I saw this saying "May your life be as good as you say it is on FB". I say, "May your life not be as bad as you say it is on FB".
  So all of that to say...there is life 'outside' of FB. There is very likely 'life' going on inside of FB.  It sure is interesting though...the quickest way to offend godly, Christian women is to tell them you dont FB. If I dont mind that you DO FB, then why should it bother you that I don't?
  Something to think about:)