Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Thursday, March 29, 2012

And they're off!!!

Shiloh Tennessee....Sesquicentennial National Event of that late unfortunate war. I don't know what the final count was of the registered reenactors but it will be over 10,000.






 We hope they come home with some great pix....but I don't plan on it!
At this event you are not allowed to be seen with anything 'farb'. That is anything that is not period. Including, in the evening when the 'public' is closed out of the park, the reenactors are not permitted to be anything but 'period' at all times. If you do have anything...flashlight, cell phone or modern device or clothing...it had better not be seen!


 If these pictures look like a lot of activity...a little chaos and mostly 'uncomfortable' people...then these pictures have perfectly related what reenacting offers most of the time!
 The funniest part for me is when I am washing dishes and a spectator walks up with a child and says "look Suzy, the ladies is reenacting how they used to wash dishes 150 years ago"....actually...I'm really washing them because the dinner bell is about to go off and I have 10 people rushing to my table to eat...oh and I wash them like that at home too:) Although I do intend to get techy one day and use a dishwasher...


 Some of these reenacting pics are from years ago. Though we took a few years off when we moved to this fine state, over all we have done reenacting for 12 years. Ive been to reenactments with a newborn 5 times. So if I can do it, anyone can!
  It is such a fantastic and fun family event! I would heartily encourage  you to get involved in it!

This is an example of a smaller tent than what we use. Actually we use 3 tents now!
Hope you enjoyed the pics!
  Those of us who are 'left behind' are consoling ourselves with planting our garden today! We are sad but I have to admit...I wont miss the 80 degrees days, 30 degree nights and the rain that they are expecting!

No comments: