Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Home Discipling/Home Schooling


 Over 20 years ago, Brett explained to me that we were not 'homeschooling';
imparting information
telling facts
moulding behaviour....
  He taught me that our goal was to "home disciple". As well he explained to me that whomever we or our children 'sit' under are being discipled by them...Now I didnt catch on quite as quickly as I should have maybe, and it took years for me to not be "controlled by curriculum". Now though, it has been many many years that I too have been homediscipling our children;
teaching truth
imparting wisdom
moulding character so that godly behaviour follows;
  WELL...all this to say; My children got a puppy for me...and it is a waste of time to try and home diciple this little thing! It has no regard for truth or wisdom, nor will it exhibit godly charcter no matter what I do! Therefore; after 20 years, I am once again homeschooling!!! You guessed it; the puppy!
  And although the information I impart to this little bugger and the attempts I make at moulding its behaviour outwardly...it will have no lasting effects on this puppy...but I have come to realize that it is going to have an eternal impact on my life for my good...in the way of teaching me PATIENCE!!!!
James 1:2-4
2Count it all joy, my brothers,when you meet trials of various kinds, 3for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 4And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. Happy discipling today!

6 comments:

The Adams Family said...

Thank you sir.

Homestead Living said...

I love the 'home discipleship' verse 'home schooling' I know i have so much to learn! I am still gaining wisdom how not let a curriculum control us. I remember a home school veteran mother trying to tell me this info years ago. I thought she was nuts! It seems some of us just have to learn the hard way. :(
I'm going to be checking some of your archives to see if you have more info on 'home discipleship'. I love to learn from others. :) Thanks for your wisdom!!!

The Adams Family said...

Thanks! I hope you can find more to bless you:) It is such a blessing to be able to encourage one another!

Covnitkepr1 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Covnitkepr1 said...

If you have a female puppy...it'll be much easier than trying to teach a male. There's something about us men that makes us hard to train. My wife won't let me have a dog...says I'm the only animal she'll allow in the house.lol

The Adams Family said...

LOL!