Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Friday, November 11, 2011

Reader, are you taught of God?



(James Smith, "Manna in the Wilderness" 1863)

"I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is good for you--and leads you along the paths you should follow." Isaiah 48:17

God teaches all of His people the true nature, and awful consequences of sin--and instructs them "to flee from the wrath to come." His teaching makes them wise unto salvation--and holy in heart and life. Under His instructions, they . . .
  withdraw from the world, 
  enjoy private devotion, 
  unite with the saints, and 
  abound in every good work. 

"Behold, God is exalted in His power. Who is a teacher like Him?" Job 36:22. The truth which he unfolds to the understanding--He impresses upon the heart. His scholars learn to imitate Him. 

Untaught by Him, we are . . .
  vain, ignorant, and wicked; 
  estranged from God, and 
  hastening to eternal perdition!

To His divine teaching--we owe all that we know of self, sin, salvation, and eternal felicity.

He teaches freely and variously--but always effectually

His children cry, "Teach me to do Your will, for you are my God. May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing!" Psalm 143:10. He graciously answers, "I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you shall go! I will guide you with My eye." Psalm 32:8

Reader, are you taught of God? Has he taught you . . .
  to hate sin--and flee from it, 
  to know Christ--and love Him, 
  to discover the beauty of holiness--and pant to possess it?

"Show me Your ways, O Lord, teach me Your paths; guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior!" Psalm 25:4-5
     ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

No comments: