Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Election....


"For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth." (Romans 9:11)
"What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded." (Romans 11:7)

 "And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained (by God - ed.) to eternal life believed." (Acts 13:48)

"Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace." (Romans 11:5)

"Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ." (2 Peter 1:10-11)

What verses can you add to these???????

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you." (John 15:16.)

Jacqueline @ Deeprootsathome.com said...

Dear Dana,
I think this is a wonderful study! I looked under 'chosen' and found Isaiah 41: 8-10 (one of my favorite verses): "But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have CHOSEN, the seed of Abraham my friend.
Thou whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called thee from the chief men thereof, and said unto thee, Thou art my servant; I have chosen thee, and not cast thee away.
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." As we are in-grafted into the chosen people Israel, we, too, are chosen in Christ!

Acts 10: 41 "Him God raised up the third day, and gave him to be made manifest, not to all the people, but unto witnesses that were CHOSEN before of God, even to us, who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. And he charged us to preach unto the people, and to testify that this is he who is ordained of God to be the Judge of the living and the dead.

To him bear all the prophets witness, that through his name every one that believeth on him shall receive remission of sins.

While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Spirit fell on all them that heard the word."

May you and your household be blessed! I am slowly working on doing a post on the Reformation Day Faire :) Please bear with me as I am slow. your family is in a lot of the pictures!!!

Jacqueline @ Deeprootsathome.com said...

Dear Dana, I just commented, but I think it got deleted by me somehow! I used the scriptures from Acts 10: 40-44 and Isaiah 41: 8-10. What a good study!
I am slowly working on building a post on the Reformation Day Faire...your dear family is in a good many of the photos :) I extend to you blessing, and I am grateful for the good witness you bring to others! Love in Jesus,
Jacqueline

The Adams Family said...

Oh Jacqueline that you for your wonderful contribution to our post! Those are wonderful verses thank you! I soo look forward to your Reformation Faire post! It was such a pleasure to meet you there! Blessings! Dana

Jacqueline @ Deeprootsathome.com said...

Haha, I see it DIDN'T get lost!!

The Adams Family said...

Great love to you to Jacqueline! From all of us!

Homeschool on the Croft said...

...some of the most beautiful verses in Scripture. How can anyone who calls himself a believer not want to hear about God's election? This is our greatest blessing, that 'them He did foreknow, them He did predestinate... did call...did justify...' and will glorify!
What a God we serve! All of grace... x

The Adams Family said...

Awesome! So true Homeschool on the Croft! Weve been thinking about you all over there alot! Hope youre well! Blessings, Dana