Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Friday, September 9, 2011

Make me a Servant today!

Does that remind you of a song???
Make me a servant, humble and meek,
Lord help me lift up those who are weak,
and may the prayer of my heart always be....
Make me a servant....today.
  One thing I PRAY that I accomplish in my life; is to teach my children to have a servants heart. There are enough taskmasters on this earth, enough leaders (godly and otherwise), what we really need are servants.
  Some may look at servanthood as 'moving to africa to be missionaries (Schochs:(sniff)~others serve faithfully and endlessly in their church.
  The Bible reminds us that whatever we do, we should do to the glory of God.
  The Lord is our great example. He who is King of kings and Lord of lords~Creator of Heaven and Earth~the Most High Potentate, blessed forever JESUS was a servant. A servant is not more than his master. Therefore it is necessary for us to be servants if we are to be called the children of the Most High God. 
  Sometimes being a servant is just being helpful, smiling, or actually getting up and doing something. I have the blessed advantage of living with the most servant hearted person I know. My husband is such a servant...I want to be just like him when I grow up! If I were 1/2 the helpmeet to him as he is to me ....well I would be chalk full of pride I guess! Unfortunately I am not there yet!
  May you and I be admonished/encouraged by that little song 'Make me a servant today'; and may the Lord give us wisdom in teaching our children to be servants as well.

No comments: