Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

SAVE MONEY!! YEAH!

  Ok, I really like to save money...but more than that I like to eliminate as many chemicals from our lives as possible.
  I was researching online where I could buy 'natural soap' in bulk...well many 'bulk' soap bases are full of the same chemicals  you find in most commercial products that you buy at the store. So then I wondered...can I buy 'good' bar soap and make 'liquid hand soap' from it!
  The answer was yes!! With bar soap, water and glycerine... Glycerine? Hmm, just another thing to buy.
  So when I was online checking out a published hand soap recipe, I saw a comment with JUST the liquid hand soap recipe I was looking for;
  Here it is:
Ingredients
  1, 4 oz. bar of Kirks Castille soap
  1 gallon of water (distilled if you prefer)
  3 T salt with which you will make a salt solution
The salt solution is made by dissolving the 3T of salt in 1 cup of very hot water.

  So get your pot, and put in your gallon of water. Then pour in your bar of grated soap. Warm this until the soap is melted. Do not boil the mixture at any time during the process.
  Then, whisk in your salt solution. Remove from heat and let  your mixture cool. It will thicken upon sitting. Thats it!!
  So I spent 1.59 for the bar of soap at the store. I used distilled water that my friend made for me, and I chose to use Himalayan salt because it has no chemicals like 'regular table salt' and it does contain over 70 minerals that are good for you if they go through your skin!
  Although my motivation was to find a 'chemical free' soap, I ended up saving a LOT of money!
I got a gallon of hand soap for less than $2!!! Cant beat that!
  Also, if you care to, you can add any essential oil to your hand soap. Tea tree oil to kill germs or lavender for scent!
  As well, since I wasnt sure how long the hand soap would sit around...so for good measure I added 3 large vitamin E pills as a preservative!
  Happy clean hands and happy wallet to you!

2 comments:

~Aunt Mae (aka ~Mrs. R) said...

Thank you for posting this recipe!
Blessings, ~Aunt Mae

The Adams Family said...

Thanks Aunt Mae! Yes this is fantastic for a hand soap recipe! But for great bar soaps, folks need to go see you! Blessings! Dana