Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Today is...

THE NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER!
2 Chronicles 7:14~ If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.  Brethren I admonish you this day to look unto Jesus and; "not at the interests of our cause, of our party, of our church-still less at our personal interests. The single object of our life is the glory of God; if we do not make it the supreme goal of our efforts, we must deprive ourselves of His help, for His grace is only at the service of His glory. If, on the contrary, it is His glory that we seek above all, we can always count on His grace. Theodore Monod (1836-1912) "Looking Unto Jesus".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Edit
Greg Wilke said...
Thanks for the quote from Monod. Some one I have never heard of but very true. A Similar quote goes " Glorify God and enjoy him forever" Who is this originally from? I have been considering going through a catechism with the "trainees" that we still have at home. Have you reviewed any or recommend one?

The Adams Family said...

The chief end of man is to know God and enjoy Him forever, states the Westminster Catechism, which is a good one. Voddie Baucham has a good one for younger people as well I will link his blog to ours so you can find it or just search his name and you be able to access it, God bless, Brett