Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Gods Word for all of life~and home discipling!

Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. Eph 4:32
There is a lifetime of teaching/learning in that one sentance. We quote it often. With 8 children at home that need to learn to get along together, it is a very important verse of scripture to us!
We deliberately teach the children to be kind and tenderhearted to one another by encouraging kind behaviour, disciplining mean spirited behaviour and teaching them to actually perform deliberate acts of kindness. It is such a blessing to see your child take joy in being kind and loving to someone else!
I can't help being reminded though of the old adage which says 'more is caught than taught'. It is important for us as a parents to live the verse ourselves. Does the family hear me speak kindly on the phone? Do they see a loving attitude from me when I email others? When they or others act offensively am I quick to forgive? How do I speak to my husband when he needs my attention and I am in the middle of something? (Emailing perhaps??)
To be able to truly "Forgive " one another we need to understand how much we need forgiveness ourselves ...daily! We need the Lords forgiveness and often...perhaps too often, the forgiveness of those around us.
It is our goal in the Adams household to teach our children to be "kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another" and to do the same ourselves, by the grace of God. I find that it is alot easier to do when we meditate on the many ways in which God in Christ forgave us. The many, many ways:)

No comments: