Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Chicken eviceration-Salatin style!

  The kids always want to record, and document or blog about, how we butcher chickens.
  I realize there are many ways to do it. However, so many people have already made so many videos on it, that I do not find it necessary to do another. I will however make a recommendation!
  We butcher chickens 'Salatin style'.. Joel Salatin of Polyface farms that it! Im a little biased toward Mr Salatin. And, honestly, if I see a chicken butchered any way other than how he does it~it LOOKS wrong to me. I know however that it isn't. We have just found that his way is the best for us and that is what we use.
  As well there are several videos of Mr. Salatin doing an evisceration but I believe the following youtube link gives the clearest view and description. As for the 'why'etc, he has another that was put out by Mother Earth news on youtube.
  So here you go, enjoy!
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=joel+salatin+on+evicerating+chickens&mid=5E361AA4E809339482155E361AA4E80933948215&view=detail&FORM=VIRE3

No comments: