Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Home made laundry soap

YOU WILL NEED:
A 5 gallon bucket
A bar of Fels Naptha Soap
Borax
Washing Soda
Baking Soda
Optional essential oils
Optional Rosemary extract 
 
I thought sure I had posted this before! Oh we'll, Better late than never! 
  We used to have a front loader machine that this recipe worked great in. Now we have a top loader again and the only difference is that I now use more soap per load. No problem! So here are the ingredients:
1 bar Fels Naptha grated into a pot
4 cups of hot water added to melt the soap slowly.
Then stir in 1 cup borax and
2 cups of washing soda, and
1 cup of baking soda
Add more water if needed to melt it together. Now add 3 gallons of hot water to a five gallon bucket. Add your soap mixture and stir well. 
I actually use a drywall stirring tool that attaches to the end of a drill to mix mine but that is not necessary!

Once this is mixed you let it set, and gel overnight with a lid on it. ( always be careful with 5 gallon buckets of liquid and toddlers around!!!)
  I kept my old laundry soap containers to put our laundry soap in so I add it to these jugs in the morning after it has set, leaving a bit of headspace for shaking. I also opt to add essential oils to each jug. 
  I put in 5 drops of tea tree oil, it kills germs- 4 drops of peppermint and 3-4 of lavender. This is totally optional but we love the scent. 
  Also if you don't go through your bottles as quickly as I do, I advise adding a dropper full of Rosemary extract as a preservative. I have never had any spoil but any natural product can! That's what makes it so good!! Let me know how you like it!!


No comments: