Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Sunday, June 1, 2014

I am human

  I've often heard friends say of me " I'm glad you're normal " " nice to see you're human". Those comments are usually the result of me confiding in them,an area where I'm struggling. 
  That's hilarious really. I assure you Im more than human. I'm a sinful person whose ONLY merit can be found in the blood of Christ and the fact that my name is written in the Lambs book of life.
  I'm quick to share my faith, triumphs and failures alike. One can draw encouragement from all of those things I believe. 
  Well lets talk about my " human" week. It has been HARD. I have been desperately trying to put on as nice of a wedding as possible for our faithful, beautiful 20 year old daughter. I'm doing it on limited funds and far more limited brain cells!
  It seems like we no sooner suffered the tragedy of Charity's home going, then Abby in her hurt left home- and now a wedding. Wow. That beats all soap operas I ever heard about!
  This last week though it seems we're all missing Charity so much. Little Sam cried  and questioned one night, then little Ella cried so pathetically another night. Then I was up til 3 am one morning and couldn't hold back the tears any better than if I had tried to hold back the Grand Canyon with a Kleenex. I heard afterward that Brett, the next day, cried all of the way home from Adam,our sons house.
  So what's the deal? Well- I think it's part of the journey. I have to welcome these hard moments. I have to view them as something to remind me of what's important on this earth. The souls of my loved ones, and not so loved ones. 
  There are so many mysteries to the Christian life. We work and live life abundantly yet hold loosely and love not the world. We strive and work daily and do our  work as unto The Lord yet we know this world is passing away. We die that we may live, we give up that we may gain. We are refined by trials grief and heartache that grieve us here but are for our eternal good. 
  We just have to take each moment, triumph and trial as from the hand of God for our good and our refining. Remembering that He does all things well. We don't have to know, like or understand what He is doing to trust Him.
  Well soon the wedding excitement will be over. Machaira will go and so will the guests. I'll wake up one morning and truly all three of the girls will be gone from our home. I expect some difficult days to follow. I figure I will be a changed person forever. But change isn't all bad. No discipline seems pleasant at the time. I surely will not forget that HE is our ever present help in time of need. 
  Theory is nice. However there is something sweet about the promises of God truly fulfilling what they say they will first hand. I am so grateful that He truly has been our ever present help in time of need. Psalm 46:1Blessed be the name of The Lord.

1 comment:

momofemmett said...

It is hard when we lose loved once, whether the Lord takes them home, or they grow up and move on to live as adults. God bless you and your family. I pray the wedding turns out well...but we know it will. You have the Lord on your side!
Jan