Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Sunday, May 11, 2014

He will revive me again and comfort me......

Psalms 71:20-21 You who have made me see many troubles and calamities will revive me again; from the depths of the earth you will bring me up again. You will increase my greatness and comfort me again.

  For those of us who have lost...who grieve and sorrow...these words are of great comfort.
  We trust in the Sovereignty of God so yes it is He who has made us to see calamity and trouble. Not for any arbitrary reason either.
  And with that He too will 'Revive us again'. When you are under the suffering of grief you do feel as if your very soul needs to be revived. Needs to be restored. Your very core feels as if you cannot stand erect again. But, we will. We will revive. He will restore us and we will 'live' again.
  Some of my favorite ancient theologians agree that 'from the depths of the earth' may mean in a physical or emotional respect.
  I think of Robin Marks song 'Make these broken weary bones, rise to dance again'. That is not scripture but it explains well how we feel~ weary and broken and cast down. So Lord cause these broken , weary bones to rise and dance again! He will. He alone is able to turn our mourning into dancing.
  Psalms 71:21 says you will increase my greatness ...(Im leaving that one alone except to say that I believe David wrote these:) That is explanation enough! LOL! it continues ....and comfort me again.
  It is hard to see now ... for a time , it is inconceivable to think that we WILL be comforted again! It is nearly impossible to believe that the despairing sickening desperation will lessen.
  But, taking every thought captive, and thinking right thoughts, and believing Gods word reminding ourselves of it...we know that;
Psalms 71:20-21 You who have made me see many troubles and calamities will revive me again; from the depths of the earth you will bring me up again. You will increase my greatness and comfort me again.
  Gods word is true amen? Ok, repeat after me;You who have made me see many troubles and calamities will revive me again; from the depths of the earth you will bring me up again. You will increase my greatness and comfort me again.
 
  Gods word is true. 2 Tim 3:16 16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

God is not a man that He should lie. Numbers 23:19“God is not a man, that He should lie,
Nor a son of man, that He should repent.
Has He said, and will He not do?
Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good? 

 The Bible is full of His sweet and precious promises to be our Physician and Comforter and Redeemer. We must do our part and let the Lord heal us. Let Him comfort us. Let us make the path easier for ourselves by thinking right thoughts and taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.
Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure;
He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.


Psalm 30:11,12  You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness
To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever
Amen




No comments: