Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Walking through the details...

 Oh mercy but the support and help of the Hines, Royers, Halls, McNews, Wrights and Yorks cannot be overstated...  thank you.




  Dec14 FB post by me; Her life was not cut short. She lived her life to the very last day that God decreed she would. The day He chose from all eternity.


  That is what I wrote and that is what I believe.
  Its interesting how you can deal with a tragedy and then it is the details and nitty gritty that are so hard to tolerate.
  Dec 16 FB post by Trisch Breed; Pray for the Brett N Dana Adams family today. This is the day they have all the decisions to face and make for their daughter Charity's Home Going celebration of her short time on this earth this Thursday. Let God be glorified in the celebration they plan today.


And another FB post by me; Ok friends, this is Dana. Im dressed. Baby steps out the door.
Just heard that Charitys story is on national news. Lets get every mile of glory to God out of this that her life and death be not in vain. I know it wasn't! Blessed to tears. So blessed to have Janet Crowl and our dear Hal here today! Thank the Lord for preserving his life! So thankful they are here for us and our family. Thank you Trudy Barker-White family for being here today! Your family and girls are such a blessing!



  The planning and the details. Tough stuff. I remember thinking "This isn't stuff I should  have to work out details for." That was the only time I allowed myself a thought like that. The pit of despair waits to consume us and I choose to not fall in to it. Even now, I realize I am under no special dispensation , like I have suffered enough. Our current sufferings do not exempt me from future ones. I also see clearly how much more others have suffered than me. Remember Pastor Saeed....
  We were on our way to the funeral home. That was the most dreadful experience. I realize that I was in a delicate condition. I also realize that everyone in town gets along with the man down there. I also realize~ and he did not; that this was my first rodeo. "Choose a casket" should be said with a bit more gentleness... and how was I to know what a 'Vault' was? When he asked me to pick out a registry book for the guests, I didn't need to hear the price of each one as I looked at it. Im so ignorant I didn't know what we needed flowers for but I was happy to order some...What in the world is a spray?????
  Knowing  it was likely  my attitude  that was negative, I sat up with a smile and said to the man and my husband "I am going to the car now:)".....I felt terrible that I was forsaking my  husband but a person can only take so much. I could single handedly destroy the testimony of the entire church worldwide from the beginning of time, with a few cutting words and I did  not want to put my self to
 the test. It was better to walk away....


  Here was my post when I got home; Well I want to stay positive, there is enough negativity in the world right? So I will forgo the funeral home experience and just say that I didn't see anything traumatic. And I WILL tell you that the sweet dear lady at the Woodys Flower shop in Licking blessed our heart and ministered to us in such a sweet way.


  And the lady there WAS a sweet compassionate dear. That is what I expected to find  at the funeral home. I must say in the funeral directors defense, they couldn't do their job if they were like the dear lady at the florist. They would cry all day and get nothing done. As well, I realized later.....When I was at the funeral home.......... I knew that somewhere, Charity was there.. Where was she? What did she look like? Would I open a wrong door and see her? Did I want to? Was I a bad mom if I didn't want to? Not to mention, funeral homes are not the place to even consider having a funeral. They are sterile, dreary, impersonable....We ended up having the funeral at a church by a sweet twisting of fate orchestrated by the Lord.
  What finally sent me to the car at the funeral home,  was,  I told the director we were concerned about the number of people who would be attending and we thought best to have the service at a church. He looked at me and said "Even at a good funeral there aren't that many people. You wont have that many".......It was then  I determined that even if only 14 people showed up at the funeral, I wanted to have it at the church anyways!! Not that dreary depressing funeral home! And, God forgive me for boasting if I am, but he ate his words later.
  Honestly, he also did a great job and was a huge help and support. A mans got to do what a mans got to do I guess.
  It was not long after that a friend posted the following poem online for me. Donna Johnson. And she bravely read it at the funeral as well. So let me leave you on a positive note with it;

 

No comments: