Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Sunday, April 6, 2014

We are a vapor

  When I look at that beautiful picture of my 'girls' from the last post, it is nearly 'overwhelming'..
  Just last year at this time, we had 9 children living at home. By the end of this year I expect to have 5 (if everything goes as it is for Machaira;).....
  Overwhelming isn't necessarily a BAD thing. It is just. WOW....
  For the past several years it has been 'Me and the girls'. Our life has primarily revolved around 'The girls'.  The girls determined when you could walk into the kitchen, they handled all of the parties, daily meals, majority of the house keeping, and too much of the child training I regret to say....
  I remember when the 'big boys' moved away that I thought "I need to remember not to plan life around certain children because they grow up and move away and the dynamics change!"....well apparently I did not sufficiently learn that lesson because I did it again with my 'girls'......
   The Lord called Charity home, He then led Abby into the wilderness , and now Machaira...hehe well lets just say she may be 'moving on soon' as well.
  So I find myself left here, for the most part, with NO big girls. Can you say 'life changing events'.....How can you lose a child to death, then another to the world and then yet another to ...life, and not lose your mind and peace and faith with it?
  All I can say for me is, it is the same way Ive dealt with everything so far.
Take every thought captive. Think right thoughts. Believe God when everything by sight says not to, not trust my feelings, but trust in the unfailing immutable Character of our Great God. Let me also add that ones mindset cannot be maintained easily without the comfort, consolation and occasional admonition of the saints. There are some dear, dear , precious friends that help to make me who I am. And to mention, my godly husband who is not only strong, but knows his strength comes from the Lord. Like most men Im sure, he is solid and unwavering. I cannot begin to speak of how grateful I am for that man. He truly is the better half of this union.
  So enough of my whining. Why bother posting this at all? Well my greatest desire, when it comes to those outside of my home, is to be an encouragement. To share my failures and struggles so perhaps you can learn from them and not have to travel some of the difficult paths I have. I recall in the kids John Bunyan cartoon, "Smooth out the path for the pilgrims that follow"...I guess that is the heart of my intention.
  So here are some thoughts; (Tracylea Slinkard Im stealing part of this from our conversation;)
  As moms we say that our children are the Lords. I fear however that we don't really understand how. Pray that the Lord show you so that you need not learn the hard way like me.
  When a child goes to heaven you realize they are His to call home at will.
  When they walk away from your home and life in rebellion you realize you have no control over their will.
  When they grow up and away and move on, married or career or college you realize they are not yours to keep.
  Our children REALLY are the Lords. Such a difficult thing to realize when they are young and home and you are in a season of peace and safety and tranquility.
  It is also a peaceful realization to come to though. In Whose better keeping could they be in? Is there anyone who could love them more? He is the King of King and Lord of Lords, yea, I want my children to belong to HIM. Don't you?
 

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I appreciate your heart and can understand a bit of it. I am in the same situation. My son has gone off into the world and my daughter is ready to spread her wings to fly soon to be followed by my youngest as he will be a senior next year. I'm sorry for your loss by death. Thank you for sharing your heart. Not an easy thing to do. It was encouraging to me. God bless.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sweet sister, I needed this today. You are such an encouragement to not only myself but all whom crosses your path. You are such an inspiration to me. Two of our four daughters have been "lost to the world" as you stated in your post about one of yours. When I put it into perspective I am reminded by your post that I am not in control. Thank God for that! I don't want to be in control! It is so comforting to know that we have a Father who loves our children so much more than we do. Thank you for sharing. Love you and God Bless you always and continue to bring you comfort and strength as He does.