Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Thursday, April 17, 2014

This is the day...

  We  know that blessed verse. The one which bespeaks the Sovereignty of God. " This is the day thAt The Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."
  But, have you ever had one of those days when this version more aptly applies to your stAte of mind?"This is the day that The Lord has made. I'll get out of bed and deal with it"??
  That is more how I feel on occasion! 
  There are so many facets of things one goes through, and things to deal with when there has been a life trauma.Or in our case, the passing of our beautiful 16 year old Charity. I share my journey with you, in the off chance that you may derive comfort from knowing that you're not alone in how you feel or in your experience. 
  I'll never forget Patsy Clairmont talking about a pathetic mama who was rotting in jail for abusing her child. The mama said " if I knew that it was normal to feel so frustrated I wouldn't have felt so hopeless and alone"
  I recall for myself when we lost Nathaniel at the very beginning of my second trimester , reading on the Internet a dear mothers identical experience. It made me look away from myself and realize thAt I didn't hold the market on loss and grief. I don't get comfort from others pain but when you see a person survive a tragedy it gives you hope that you can survive it as well. 
  Regardless of our cross, the fact that He came to give us life and give it more abundantly, still applies to us soldiers who have been wounded in battle. 
  I can never thank The Lord enough for all of the encouragement I've received along the way from saints who have walked my path. 
  The Rogers family, the Lancaster family to name two. Such godly examples of grace. 
  Our prayer is still that The Lord would be glorified in and through Charity's life and our prayer is that we would honor Him in our journey of grief as well. 

1 comment:

Christian Luke said...

Psalm 118 and it's center verse, "This is the day that the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it" was a verse that I've secretly despised or ignored for most of my life. The Lord has brought it back to me graciously as a hope in His unfailing loving promises, sovereignty, tender grace, and faithfulness.

I can see the hope of the active, present, TODAY-N-ETERNAL love of Christ in you all Adams family. The Lord bless you for allowing and remaining yourselves strong in His grace. :)