Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Change change change.....

  James 1:17:  Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.


  I tend to whine now and then about how much things have CHANGED for me in the past few months. I do feel a bit overwhelmed at times. I don't whine because I think I deserve better but because it is difficult to adjust to my 'new life' now that things are so changed in our household.
  We went from a mom and three teen daughters running the house to.....me. I assure you I do not come close to equaling the ability of us four gals together. The proof is in the...chaos~
  Isnt it nice and comforting to know, that in this crazy world...where nothing stays the same, that God never changes? He is the same. Reliable, sure and steadfast in Who He is and what He says?
 
  1 Thessalonians 5:18
 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you


  Hmmm. What does someone in my "situation" do with a verse like that? In EVERYTHING? Wow. Ok, well I tend to be a practical person and assume that the Lord of Heaven is all wise, far wiser than I, and that He knows the best way, and that His ways are above my ways and His thoughts are above my thoughts. Because it doesn't seem 'logical' to me to give thanks in all things, does not determine that I will not. So, whine as I might, I do thank Him for this new season in our life. Im trusting that He will lead me and teach me and guide me in my daily routine and HELP me, where I cannot seem to help myself!
 
  Hebrews 4:14-16
Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.


  How do you like that one? That is one worth hanging on to :) If youre going to take the 'good' you have to take the difficult as well. So I take both, give thanks in all things and go boldly before the throne of grace that I may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Boy do I need it. Daily? No...minute by precious minute.
  I honestly don't see clearly now how I will 'manage' the day to day. Partly because Im still grieving and that is wearing. Partly because although I am light years healthier now than I was two years ago, Im not up to par as I should be. However I DO know this,


Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
Matthew 11:28-29
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Isaiah 40:29-31
He gives power to the weak
and strength to the powerless.
Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion.
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.
Philippians 4:19
And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
Romans 8:37-39
No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

   Yea, all of that ought to get me through the day:) How about you?
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Dana every time I read one of your post I just cry sometimes. Maybe that's just because I am a big cry baby or maybe it's because I know I can't even begin to compare. You are an amazing, beautiful, faithful Godly woman and I just love your humbleness and how Christ's love shines in you. I love you dear sister. oxoxo

The Adams Family said...

Love to you too Michelle:)