Hello!

Welcome to the Adams family homepage!

Clan Chrisdean: Scottish; Family of Christ bearers

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

It is 'nearly' finished.

  Where was I.....
FB Post Dec 18; This is a sensitive post, do not read if it may upset you....

The funeral gal stopped by. I guess she did a beautiful job. Charity however, has, been in an accident. My dear friend Gloria Purdom gave me a sheer white shawl. Im thinking we will use it over Charity. After all we are only seeing her through the veil anyways. Much grace needed tomorrow. We wont be on here tomorrow but trust we will be in your prayers and we will need it.

 
  Want to talk about fear? Wow. The day before at the funeral home, the second visit, at one point I sat down alone. I knew again, that somewhere...Charity was there. Should I go to her? Yes? Should I help the gal dress my daughter one last time? Surely that guy wasn't going to help was he? Would I be able to see her? What did she look like? She was in a bad accident.......My last thought was "Ok, if I think Im strong enough to go help dress her one last time, then surely I should do well tomorrow when she will be looking as well as anyone can make her look now..........Im pretty sure (but only God knows) that I made the right decision because before we left, the gal gave me Charitys boots then asked ; "Do you want the rest of her clothes?"...............all the while she was asking, she was shaking her head no. I recall looking at her and inadvertently my head began to shake no too. I said, "Oh well, uh no.....?." and before I could finish she jumped in and said " Yeah, no, good, you don't need that. Ok great!".......Even in my dull state I could take a hint:)
  That night, the family gathered together to write the order of service. Of course my husband, who is a pastor as well as the priest of his family, would perform the service. Well let me forgo a lot of the details, but just know that emotions were raw and tensions were high. The Lord had given daddy the grace to bury his daughter the next day but he had not given it to anyone else. Our oldest son wanted desperately to protect his dad from having to do something so hard....that was the intent of his heart.
  At one point, the heaviness in the room was more than the 'females' could take. The gathering dispersed and tensions were high. It was at this point that our son Malachi went for a walk upstairs into Charitys room.


FB Post Dec 18; For two days Ive been in Charitys room looking for...something. I don't know. Personal maybe. Then after the difficult task of the family being together and working out the order of service, the service that daddy is doing, my son walked down with some things of Charitys. Gifts and sweet comforts. As we finished up I picked up one of her notebooks and opened a page. It began "My Testimony", written when she was 11. It details her testimony and, It ends with the sentence "I am assured that I am saved and going to heaven"..................and all I can say is ; SING WITH ME HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD. Can you think of a sweeter comfort to find on the eve of your daughters funeral? Wow. just wow


  At that point all tension disappeared. What the enemy intended for ill, God brought together for good. I still stand amazed at the Providence and timing of our Good and Great God. How could anyone think any differently?
 Next FB post;



It's our anniversary today:)
  Yes in the midst of it all, on the day of the funeral was our anniversary. To me, that was a sweet confirming gift though I cannot begin to describe why or how. Had her service fallen on the day before or after I would have felt like we were 'off' a day somehow. It is a precious sweet thing for me to share this day of union with the celebration of our childs homegoing. That is my perspective on it:)
  From our dear friend Dr. Gina Loudon;
 
Today is Brett N Dana Adams' wedding anniversary. Today my friends, Brett and Dana bury their baby, their sister, our friend, and God's own. I can tell you that her life, and their testimony, have fundamentally changed me. Please join me in prayer for this sweet family today who have sung praises even in the midst of their deepest, darkest valley; who have taken time to love and give more than th...ey have taken in full demonstration of the glory and love of Christ, Himself. Until then, sweet Charity.

"I pray that He may grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power in the inner man through His Spirit, and that the Messiah may dwell in your hearts through faith. I pray that you, being rooted and firmly established in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the length and width, height and depth of God's love, and to know the Messiah's love that surpasses knowledge so you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do above and beyond all that we ask or think according the the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever, Amen." Eph. 3: 16-21.
 
  Then finally, my post from the car on our way to the funeral;
"On our way saints".....we left our house with dozens of dear sweet family and friends and friends that are closer to us than family. They are the true saints. Walking among us in obscurity, serving, supporting, helping, caring, praying....we are forever truly blessed by each one. Nothing we do will ever make us deserving of all of the support we had.
  Congressman Akin, that morning, saved the house from burning down. Jonica wasn't about to let my ghostly pale face out of the house without a bit of 'color', Trisch Breed did my laundry, my dear Sara Pelis and all of the family walked among us and loved us, Isaac, Brian, Lisa Tantone and Abby Hurt coming alongside to play music with Machaira....who else am I missing? Lulli Akin made sure the house was locked up.
  Most of that day was a blur. There were some present who were in their right mind to relate what occurred and for that I am truly thankful! Very thankful too for Caleb Royer who took some very precious photos.

FB Post by Jonica Hope Dec 19; Sobering. Prayers for Brett N Dana Adams right now please. What a picture of grace and peace. Amazing spirit and faith in action

  The days previous to the funeral I had 'accosted' every friend that entered my home asking "hey what are your thoughts on an open coffin? Should children look? How do you tell them that Charity is in heaven yet in front of them"....Brethren do you know EXACTLY who I sounded like???????????? THE FUNERAL DIRECTOR MAN!!!  Some of my poor dear friends were shocked and devastated at my question! I was completely inconsiderate of their tenderness and state of mind! I was totally thoughtless of the grief they were enduring. So you see saints, things happen:) We would all do well to be kind, tenderhearted( and loving one another), forgiving one another as God for Christs sake hath also forgiven us:) as Eph. 4:32 describes.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear sweet Dana, as God has poured out mercy and grace to you, he has also poured it out to his other children. And none of them will hold anything said or done against you. The grace of understanding that you were still in shock was on everyone around you.

Benecia said...

Hello, My family and I are friends of the Pellis family. Please know you have been in our thoughts and prayers. To be honest, I find your pain during this season to be frightening, but your faith to be of even greater comfort. Press on toward the goal, dear Adams family! Abundant blessings, Benecia Fowler

The Adams Family said...

Hi Benecia. Thank you:) is the thought of you enduring a similar trial what is frightening for you? Be sure that The Lord will give you all the grace you need- but not til you need it:) blessings